ABT2 Oct 15, 2022
-> Click here to see list of registered athletes.
Note: Boat Number requirements updated to more closely match CKC rules. See section 9 of ABT2 information document. Full Document - Click HERE and download pdf file.
The Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association (ASRCA) serves as the provincial governing body to promote and develop the sport of Sprint Canoe/Kayak in Alberta. ASRCA will hold the second of two Alberta Team Trials events (ABT1 & ABT2) in 2022 as part of ongoing monitoring of the provincial sprint canoe-kayak athlete pool. ASRCA may utilize results to identify athletes for provincial initiatives.
1) Event Details
● Location: – Calgary Canoe Club
● Date: – October 15, 2022
● Events: – C1 and K1: 2000m Time Trial and 200m Races
● Pre-Event meeting – Oct 13, 7:00-7:30 pm (Zoom link below) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85354754313?pwd=N1k0RmVaYkd2QTNyaVFrR1VMMGNSdz09, Meeting ID: 853 5475 431, Passcode: 107153
● Start Times:
– 11:00, 2000m Time Trial
– 1:00, 200m Race Series A
– 2:30, Open 200m Race Series B
– On October 1st, registration will be open – October 8th registration is due.
– Late Registration accepted until Oct 13th @ 11:59 pm
– Fee: $35 with lunch, $25 without ($55 if Late Registration)
– Registration is at www.asrca.com.
a) Establish discipline and overall provincial ranking lists
b) Identify and rank 2025 Canada Summer Games eligible athletes
c) Provide competitive race opportunities for Alberta athletes.
d) Monitor the competitive sprint athlete pool (Depth of Field Inventory).
a) Open to ASRCA club members; of all ages; who are in good standing with the ASRCA clubs.
b) Athletes must be current competitive members of Canoe Kayak Canada (CKC RAMP registered).
c) Entries must have the endorsement of a Sprint Canoe Kayak Coach (ELCC minimum). Coaches should use sound judgment as athletes must complete the course within the scheduled time.
d) Club uniforms are not required.