Florida Spring Camp 2023
Following the return of the annual Florida Spring Camp in 2022, an increasing number of paddlers are interested to attend for 2023. Athletes must apply to attend using the form found lower on this page and must provide a coach endorsement. Always first speak with your coach about your training plans.
All who have completed the below application form will be notified of any changes that occur. When completing the form, please use your best email to receive updates.
Contact Mike Robinson - email@example.com or reach out to your coach with specific questions.
- Dec 21, 2022 - 2023 Florida Spring Camp - Female Coach Development Opportunity
- Dec 12, 2022 - Due to high flight costs, additional travel dates have been added. See update on page 4 of the General Information Document (link below). Possible flight options and pricing as of Dec 12. Flight prices change often.
Click to view important links:
- General Information Document
- Video of Cape Crossing Resort
- Instagram pictures and video from 2022
- Government of Canada - Before you Travel
- Consent letter for children traveling abroad
- Flight sheet - Shared Flight Info (link removed)
- Daily Self-Screening
- See number of current applications
- Direct link to payment page
Application of ASRCA Policies - The Florida camp is a sanctioned and subsidized Team Alberta Camp and therefore participants are to meet Alberta Team Expectations:
1.1. Participation in relevant provincially sanctioned training camps and all other organized provincial team activities as determined by the ASRCA Technical Committee are mandatory except for circumstances described in section 1.2 below.
1.2. If an athlete has been instructed to participate in a provincial team activity but is unable to attend due to school, illness, injury or other extenuating circumstances, they may make request for exemption to this obligation in writing to the ASRCA Technical Committee. The Technical Committee will consider the merit requests on a case-by-case basis.
1.5. Athletes must abide by the ASRCA Standard of Conduct and all ASRCA Policies
CAMP Cancelations - Although less likely for 2023, the possibility of the camp cancelation due to covid-19, remains. If the Camp is canceled prior to January 20th it will result in a full refund of camp fees. If canceled after January 20th and if some of the resort deposits can not be retreived, full refunds may not be possible.
INDIVIDUAL Cancelations - Camp costs are shared by all participants, and individual refunds ‘may’ not be possible, if doing so impacts the ability to cover overall camp costs. After completion of the camp, if funds remain, full or partial refunds will be assessed for individuals who did not attend the camp.