2022 Canada Games Coaches - Applications by July 09, 2021
The Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association (ASRCA) is seeking applications from qualified and passionate coaches to prepare and lead the Alberta - 2022 Canada Summer Games (CSG) Team.
Due Date - Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 9, 2021
Games Coach Specifics:
- One male and one female coach will be selected to comprise the CSG coaching team.
- Successful applicants will be notified within one week following the 2021 ABT1 (July 10th)
- Coaching Term - July 17, 2021 to the completion of 2022 Canada Summer Games.
- Coach positions are volunteer, with required expenses approved by the ASRCA.
- Games Coaches will develop, prepare and execute pre-Canada Games (2021-2022) activities.
- Games Coaches will attend and lead the Alberta Canada Games Team (2022) - Niagara.
- Click here for link to the Canoe Kayak Technical Package for competition details.
- Certification as a NCCP Comp-Dev coach in the Sprint Canoe Kayak context.
- Completed SafeSport training
- Be a minimum age of 18 (Technical Package)
- Availability to participate in 2021 and 2022 team and preparation activities (Appendix 1).
If the candidate does not yet meet the eligibility requirements, a report detailing any outstanding components must be submitted including the action plan and timeline to do so. Coaches must be certified no later than 90 days prior to the 2022 CSG opening ceremony.
Applications Must Include:
- Coaching resume including coach philosophy and recent history of coaching success
- Cover letter outlining why the candidate is seeking the role
- Coach Transcript - Coaching Association of Canada (found at www.thelocker.coach.ca)
- Proof of current CPR & First Aid certification
- A current Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector check
- If employed, a letter of endorsement from the employer
- A sport-specific letter of reference
Authority and Considerations:
The ASRCA Coaching Director will form a selection committee to consider, but not limited to the following items:
- NCCP certification and commitment to professional development
- Have a record of leading athletes and teams to success
- Range of general leadership and canoe-kayak specific skills
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Have experience planning training camps, organizing team travel by air and ground, communicating effectively with parents, structuring meetings, supervising and evaluating staff
- Number of potential team members coached
- Be a suitable ambassador of ASRCA at both events and while away
- Ability to accept a role and work in harmony with other staff
- Are 25 years of age and have a valid Class 4 licence (required if driving 15 passenger van)