The Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association is a Board of Directors which evaluates, debates, and decides upon issues related to the development of canoe and kayak sprint racing in Alberta. The Association oversees funding, regattas, athlete development, and ensures the rules and regulations of the Canadian Canoe Kayak (CKC) are adhered to.
Our Focus: To encourage Alberta athletes in the sport of Canoeing and Kayaking that have been successful both Nationally and Internationally. It is the commitment of the Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association (ASRCA) to continue to support the development of the sport and its athletes.
The focus of the ASRCA this year and in years to come will be on attracting new athletes, skill development and producing a Team to best represent Alberta at National and regional events.
Mission Statement: Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe serves as the provincial governing body to promote and develop the sport of Sprint Canoe/Kayak in Alberta.
2023 ASRCA Board members:
- President: Rick Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Tony Flores, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Heiko Boychuk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Connie Fardella, email@example.com
- Officials: Sandra Kane, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Development: Robin Kendall, clubdevelopmentdirector@ascra.
- Technical Matters: Kurt Grimsrud, email@example.com
- Coaching: Hekmat Chama, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publicity: Christian Larochelle, email@example.com
- Member at Large: Karen Law, firstname.lastname@example.org
- South: OPEN to nominations, email@example.com
- North: OPEN to nominations, firstname.lastname@example.org