Elite Athlete Assistance - International (IEAA)
The Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association (ASRCA) Provincial Elite Athlete Assistance - International (IEAA) has been established to support athletes performing at the international level.
To be eligible for the IEAA, the athlete must have competed on a CanoeKayak Canada (CKC) International Sprint competition team. Funding level is linked to competition level, see list below. In such a case the athletes competes in a CKC Sprint competition not listed below, the competition level and matching funds will be determined by the technical committee. Funding is subject to availability and may vary from year to year.
- Olympic Hopes - $1000 Limit
- ICF Sprint World Cup (Junior or Senior) - $1500 Limit
- Pan-American Championship or Games - $2000 Limit
- ICF Sprint World Championship (Junior or Senior) - $2500 Limit
IEAA funding is intended to support future performance, and athletes may request funding for expenses incurred after they have satisfied the criteria and before the next opportunity. ASRCA reserves the right to audit the use of IEAA funds at any time to ensure funds are used as intended.
Application Due Dates:
Athletes may apply for IEAA as soon as officially named to a CKC international sprint team, and in such a case applications will be reviewed ASAP. All applications are due no later than December 31st of the same year criteria was met.
If the athlete competes in multiple qualifying events, the athlete will be assessed funds matching the event with the highest level.
ALBERTA TEAM EXPECTATIONS
1. Meet the criteria required for selection to Alberta Provincial Team, including:
1.1. Participation in relevant provincially sanctioned training camps and all other organized provincial team activities as determined by the ASRCA Technical Committee are mandatory except for circumstances described in section 1.2 below.
1.2. If an athlete has been instructed to participate in a provincial team activity but is unable to attend due to school, illness, injury or other extenuating circumstances, they may make request for exemption to this obligation in writing to the ASRCA Technical Committee. The Technical Committee will consider the merit requests on a case-by-case basis.
1.4. Participation at provincial fund raising activities including casinos is mandatory. If an athlete is under the age of 18, they must have a family member or friend work in their position.
1.5. Athletes must abide by the Canoe Kayak Canada Standard of Conduct Policy.
2. If athlete(s) cease to meet all criteria requirements, IEAA eligibility will be forfeited.
FILLING OUT YOUR IEAA APPLICATION
- Athletes must show they have met the criteria.
- Athletes shall clearly outline their training and competition goals.
- Athletes shall clearly outline how the desired funds will assist them in reaching their training and competition goals.
- Funding is meant to offset costs associated with being a high performance athlete (i.e. what expenses would you as a high performance athlete incur versus a developing club athlete?).
- Priority for funding may go to those projects or needs that are not already funded by Alberta Sprint Racing Canoe Association. Projects and camps already funded by Alberta Sprint will not necessarily be eligible for IEAA money. Additional training opportunities, sport science support, etc. that are not funded by ASRCA may be favourably considered for IEAA funds. Should you have any questions as to what projects are already funded please feel free to contact the ASRCA Excellence Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.